Job Vacancy at PecanTrust Microfinance Bank
PecanTrust Microfinance Bank Limited is a Central Bank of Nigeria Licensed, for-profit making institution dedicated to supporting early stage, small and medium-sized enterprises ‘SME’, the informal working class and low income families through providing access to finance, entrepreneurship training, a network of mentors and facilitating business partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
- The Control Officer’s key function is monitoring and measuring operational efficiency of the organization by detecting and eliminating fraud and ensuring compliance with the bank’s regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the bankТs policy, procedure and regulations.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with bank and industry policies.
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify re portable issues.
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor controls.
- Daily, weekly and monthly report.
- Daily update and auditing of the ajo collection officers daily.
- Carry out strategic and impromptu checks on ajo customers to verify documented information reported by ajo collection officers.
- Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy, cash suppression or fraud is noticed.
- Internal control checks and records to safeguard company assets.
- Make recommendations regarding facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures and systems to improve operational efficiency.
Education and Skills
- BSc in Economic, Finance or other related subject
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role in a micro-finance bank.
Job Title: Finance Supervisor
- Plan, assess, monitor, and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial resources in a manner consistent with the agreed procedures and objectives of the bank.
- Review and consolidate Bank Reconciliation and Fund Management analysis
- Prepare and analyse Cash flow
- Review and consolidate Multi-level GL and bank reconciliations
- Ensure the maintenance of an adequate level of working capital
- Review and consolidate weekly cash flow & liquidity report and provide advice to management on the variances
- Carrying out reconciliation of Balance Sheet items such as cash, cash equivalents, investments, debt, for management and reporting purposes
- Review other Treasury related monthly Schedules
- Financial review of customer accounts, loan computation and other finance information
- Processing and preparation of pension, payee and other regulatory and compliance monthly renditions
- Analyse and present financial trends, competitor behaviour as they impact on the bank
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance on regulatory matters
- Develops and monitors performance metrics for the investor relations function
- Creates presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, and investors
- Liaison and communication with the regulatory bodies such as the CBN, NDIC, FIRS, LIRS etc
- Assess and predict financial risks and returns
- Ability to use financial modelling to predict outcomes
- Analyze business operations, loan repayments, deposit maturities, business trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or & to provide advice.
Educational Requirement and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting, ACA, ICAN and MBA.
- Very familiar with financial modelling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment, and be able to meet tight deadlines
- High analytical and excel skill
- Proven experience as an accountant in a Micro finance or other financial services industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 30th March, 2020.