How to apply for Nigerian Enhanced E-Passport
About the Enhanced E-Passport
The Federal Government of Nigeria approved the Enhanced E-Passport as part of new reforms. It is a product of an intensive review of the existing e-passport booklet which has been in circulation for over 10 years and has only 5-year validity.ADVERTISEMENT
Features and benefits of the Enhanced E-Passport Reforms
The under-listed are the features and benefits of the enhanced e-passport:
- The introduction of new security-enhanced passport;
- Enhanced quality passport with Polycarbonate technology;
- Extended validity book of Ten years that saves a frequent visit to passport offices;
- Automation of the issuance process
- Implementation of web-pay. That is, all payments are made online;
- Introduction of Electronic Document Management System that ensures:
- Tracking of application,
- Effective communication with applicants on the status of the application, and collection,
- Eliminate human interference,
- Enhances document storage system,
- Enhances prompt decision making,
- Ease process flow,
- Provision of conducive processing environment for applicants;
- Provision of effective and compliant address mechanism.
Categories of the Enhanced E-Passport
The new Passport is available in these categories
- 32 page 5-year validity (Adults and Minors)
- 64 page 5-year validity (Adults and Minors)
- 64 page 10-year validity (Adults (18+) only)
An adult has the option to pick from any of the three categories listed above. On the other hand, young children of less than 18 years of age, have the option to choose between categories 1 and 2 above only.
Based on ICAO specifications and due to expected change in their physical appearance, persons under below 18 years of age are not allowed to obtain the 10-year validity passport.
Official Fees of the Enhanced E-Passport
|S/N||CATEGORIES OF PASSPORT||APPROVED PASSPORT FEE||APPROVED PASSPORT FEE|
|NAIRA (N) (local)||DOLLAR ($) (foreign)|
|1.||32 Page 5-year Standard Passport||25,000.00||130.00|
|2.||64 Page 5-year Standard Passport||35,000.00||150.00|
|3.||64 Page 10-year Standard Passport for adults only (18 years and above)||70,000.00||230.00|
|4.||32 Page 5-year Official Passport||15,000.00||N/A|
The Enhanced E-Passport has been launched and integrated with the National Identity Number (NIN). This means; No NIN, No E-passport.
Requirements for the Enhanced E-Passport are the same with old passports with regards to application types, also, National Identification Number (NIN) is required and mandatory for issuance of the New Passport.
Note: Data on the old passport will be the same on the Enhanced E-Passport.
How to Apply for the new Nigerian Passport
Get your requirements as listed above ready
Apply online at https://portal.immigration.gov.ng by clicking on the type of passport application you want e.g. Fresh, Renewal, Loss, Damage, or Correction of data.
complete the online application form, select passport office in the state you wish to obtain the passport, proceed to make payment online, and obtain reference and application ID numbers.
Proceed to the Passport Office selected during the online application with relevant requirements including evidence of payment made.
Nigerians in the Diaspora are to submit their application at the nearest Nigeria Embassy/High Commission or Consulate selected during the online application.
Note: Applicants are required to appear at the passport office chosen during online application for a photograph and Biometric data capturing if the current passport is more than six months old.
Inquiries and Complaints:
Contact Passport and other Travel Documents Directorate via email@example.com
Let us know your thought on: How to apply for Nigerian Enhanced E-Passport
You may also like to read:
Copyright Living Media International
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Living Media International.