Entry-level Job Vacancy at Aspilos Foundation
Aspilos Charity & Development Foundation also known as Aspilos Foundation (AF) is a non-governmental, non-political and not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of human life.
We envision an Africa in which young people are active and responsible citizens of their societies and are empowered to create opportunities that lead to economic progress for themselves and the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Job Field: Media / Advertising and Branding
Category: Customer Service, Public Relations and Communications, Online Media
Level: Recent Grad
Job Type: Full-Time, Internship (Full-Time)
Start date: 1st April 2020.
Content & Publication:
- Work with other employees to curate project-driven content for the organisation’s blogs and social media accounts.
- Assist technical staff with public outreach/awareness campaigns.
- Create positive PR opportunities for Aspilos Foundation through engagement on social media.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Maintain the highest standards and global best practices of communication at all times.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Engage with stakeholders, development and government agencies, customers/clients, etc. through the various channels.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Carry out a quarterly evaluation on the communication patterns on all platforms.
- Min Qualification: OND
- Experience: 0-1
- You must, however be empathetic, loyal, curious, open to learning and happy to contribute to the growth of the team. You must be a self-motivated person who is patient and loves solving problems.
- We are not necessarily looking for people who are already experts in the roles needed, we do not mind teaching you and helping you become an expert on the job so do not let your skill level discourage you from applying. Read our playbook to find out more about what we are like. If what you read in there resonates with you, then you should apply.
- We value the different and unique perspectives that everyone brings our team, we are not trying to clone ourselves over and over.
The ideal person must:
- Be able to work remotely and independently
- Must be tech-savvy
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
- Have a good command of English, oral and written
- Be ready to continuously learn
- Be good with research
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th March 2020.