Current job vacancy at Accion
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy, and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Monitoring Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- Follow up with Branch Head of Operation to ensure demand notices are issue to defaulting customers promptly and timely presentation of postdated cheques.
- Liaising with the Recovery Manager to ensure timely action where the customer is identified for Loan rescheduling based on the product requirements.
- Ensure that credit risk management practices reflect best practice, review and refine various credit risk initiatives and assist in adopting automation, streamlining processes, and identifying and implementing appropriate technology solutions.
- Maintain Credit Risk Register
- To check and review all disbursed loans to confirm the approved terms and conditions are correct and in line with the approval.
- Review the checklists and documentation for completeness and accuracy based on product requirements.
- Conduct loan utilization monitoring and review and prepare a report actionable by the decision-makers.
- Conduct periodic spot checks to client sites to confirm loan performance, utilization, customer existence, etc.
- Obtain evidence of capacity and confirm customers? continued capacity to meet loan obligations and submit a report to Credit Risk Manager for input into IFRS 9 computation.
- Review monthly turnover covenant for customers and advise customers through branches of non-compliance if there is any.
- Keep regularly follow up with the branch for the list of poorly performed loans and update results in a timely manner.
- Review all loans requiring insurance compensation for timely resolution and settlement.
- Coordination with the legal department or branch on title collateral documentation and completeness
- Maintain an effective early warning signal reporting system of credit impairments and taking corrective action.
Qualification & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent in Computer Science, Business, Accounting, Finance, and Economics.
- Direct experience credit operations in a bank
- Proven negotiation skill
- Ability to coordinate branch Account officers/Supervisors.
- Good time management skill
- Proven analytical skill and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform under pressure and accept varied responsibilities
- Proven problem solving and investigative skills
- Excellent time management skill to perform efficient and productive work
- Proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading of the English language.
- Proficiency in Ms. Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of finance and banking.
See also: Current job vacancy at PAL Pensions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th February 2020.